In partnership with the Food Bank for NYC’s Tax Assistance Program, Woodside on the Move (WOTM) is proud to provide low-income New Yorkers with free tax preparation services, helping them get the refunds and credits to which they are entitled. This includes the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), which alone can be worth up to $8,463 for families. You earned it, WOTM and the Food Bank for NYC will help you claim it!
In order to receive the services, you must have earned $54,000 or less WITH dependents or $30,000 or less with NO dependents.
Tax appointments begin on Monday, February 5, 2018 and end on Thursday, April 12, 2018. You can schedule your appointment by calling WOTM’s main telephone number at 718- 467-8449. Appointments will be available on Mondays and Thursdays only from 12:00pm to 7:00pm. Spanish-speaking preparers also are available upon request.
Please prepared to present the following when you come to your appointment:
- A photo ID for you and your spouse (if filing a joint return). If you have a state ID or driver’s license, you must have it with you when filing, or your tax return may be delayed.
- Social Security cards* (originals or copies) or ITIN (originals or copies) for you and anyone you are claiming on your tax return; or a letter from the Social Security Administration.
- If you are claiming childcare expenses, the amount you paid and the childcare agency’s ID, or the name and Social Security Number of the childcare provider.
- A sample check or a bank statement with the routing and account number, if you have a savings or checking account for direct deposit.
- Form 1098-T if you paid tuition for post-high school education.
- If you are filing a joint return, both you and your spouse must be present.
- W-2s for all jobs you held in the prior year and all 1099 forms paid in cash or personal checks. You must also know your total income and deductible expenses for the year.
- If you purchased health insurance through the marketplace and were eligible for the premium tax credit, please bring form 1095-A.
- If you are a victim of identity theft, bring your IP-PIN (Individual Protection- Personal Identification Number) assigned by the IRS.
- Any other tax-related information you may have received.
Page 2 Free Tax Services Available at Woodside on the Move
Since 1976, Woodside on the Move Inc. creates a stable and thriving community for vulnerable residents in Queens through education and advocacy.