EmblemHealth is accepting resumes for:
Position: Individual Insurance Sales Representative (Bilingual-English/Spanish)
Location: 55 Water Street
Hours: Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (weekends and nights as required)
Market Segment Areas: Long Island-Nassau/Suffolk County
Description of Duties:
- Present to, follow up and sell individuals on a direct sales basis.
- Assist and enroll individuals by completing the appropriate application forms and meeting necessary enrollment targets.
- Function as a liaison between all EmblemHealth departments to help identify and resolve prospect’s problems or concerns.
- Resolve issues and obtain information with Community Based Organizations.
- Utilize automated tools to perform enrollment duties.
- Assist individuals in the selection of appropriate health plan; facilitate new enrollment and the recertification processes where appropriate.
- Obtain required documentation necessary for enrollment.
- Present EmblemHealth insurance products and benefit plans to community groups, small businesses and other prospective subscribers.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan which focuses on growth in strategic marketable neighborhoods.
- Develop and implement appropriate understanding of the health care products related to sales responsibility.
- Successfully complete periodic certification and testing to maintain knowledge level established by regulations.
- Maintain appointments through the Direct Marketing Department and provide services to walk-ins.
- Perform various related duties as assigned.
- 2 years of college or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 1-4 years of experience in sales/sales related or community related activity.
- Typing 25 correct WPM required.
- NYS Health Insurance license required within 60 days of employment.
- Driver’s License and automobile with appropriate coverage is required.
- Travel in the New York metropolitan area required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required.
- Bilingual verbal and written ability preferred.
- Must have strong presentation and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to multi-task; input and update data in a database system.
- Successful completion of annual training and testing to maintain regulatory certification within all products being sold is required.
If you are interested and qualified, please apply online: http://enet.emblemhealth.com/hr/careers.html
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H/V Recruitment may also be conducted externally in order to obtain the best-qualified candidates.