New York Expo Photographers is a Non Lucrative Organization Registered at The New York Department of State. Dedicated to organized exhibits of historic events from professional photographers of the Puerto Ricans and Latino Community in general in the United States.
INVITATION FOR A MEGA PHOTO EXHIBIT
Bolivar Arellano is a Press Photographer for over 54 years, 46 of those years in New York. Arellano has covered as Photo Journalist for 46 years the struggled of Puerto Rican men and woman for their human rights not only in New York but in Washington. Chicago and Puerto Rico activities that is compress in this Exhibit titled “Puerto Rican Rebel’s”, with over 220 pictures.
Opening day of the free exhibit: We are honor to have as a guest speaker the prestigious Puerto Rican
Journalist Juan Gonzalez on Tuesday June 13 2017 from 6 to 9 pm
Julia De Burgos Performance & Arts Center
1680 Lexington Avenue
(Between 105th and 106th Street in Manhattan)
The exhibit will be open to the public for ONLY 3 DAYS:
Wednesday June 14th to Friday June 16th
Visiting hours from 2PM to 9 PM.
1. Demonstrations in New York to ask for the freedom of Puerto Rican politicians who were imprisoned. Pictures from 1971 to 1978.
2. A welcome to New York for the Nationalists who were imprisoned for 29 years in Federal Prison for attacking the US Congress and the Blair House In Washington and were granted freedom by President Jimmy Carter in 1979.
3. Activities of the Ex-Imprisoned Puerto Rican Nationalists in Puerto Rico in New York and Washington from 1979 to present.
4. The arrest and the release of the Young Lords who put the Puerto Rican flag over the face of the Statue of Liberty on October 25th, 1977.
5. Funeral of formally imprisoned Nationalist Don Andres Figueroa Cordero in Aguada, Puerto Rico in March of 1979.
6. Police investigation of the escape of William Moralez, who escaped from his room jail in Bellevue Hospital in New York City in 1980.
7. Assault of Tito Kayak and the adding of flags over the face of the Statue of Liberty in 1999, to protest the occupancy of the US Marine’s in Vieques.
8. Demonstration and arrests of Denis Rivera, Edward Olmos, Robert Kennedy Jr., Assemblyman Jose Rivera and others in Vieques, Puerto Rico over the occupancy of the US Marine’s in 2000.
9. Demonstrations and arrests in front of the ONU in New York, to protest the occupancy of the US Marine’s in Vieques from 2000 to 2003.
10. Ex-imprisoned members of the FALN liberated by President Clinton in 2000, after serving close to 20 years of time in Federal Prison.
11. Activities in New York and in Puerto Rico by the Secretary of the Puerto Rican Socialist Party Don Juan Mari Bras.
12. “The Chicago Riots”, where Chicago Police assassinated 2 Puerto Rican’s in 1977.
13. Arrests in Vieques of Puerto Rican Congressman Luis Gutierrez of Chicago.
14. Destruction of offices that belong to multinational companies in Manhattan in 1977 to 1982, attributed to the FALN, according to the NYPD.
15. A timeline of several pictures reports of William Moralez in Cuba from 1994-1999 and in 2000.
16. Oscar Lopez Rivera. FREE in Puerto Rico 5-17-17 after 35 years in federals
17. Oscar Lopez Rivera. Will be at The Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York June
New York Expo Photographers Inc.
Bolivar Arellano (President)
Madison Square Station PO BOX #1765
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (347) 745-7418